Thursday, April 08, 2010

Out of the darkness....

And into the light.

Yesterday I got some pretty huge revisions in my inbox.  Oddly enough I bypassed the normal 24-48 hour panic phase I normally go through.  It was kind of nice.  But I'm mulling over what my editor said, and thinking about possible fixes and approaches, so I can have a handle on what to do when I launch in.  It feels like I'm procrastinating, but I'm not.  I know this thinking phase is really important. 

Then I read a few articles last night that made the crows of doubt circle...I suppose on some level the revisions were worrying me and then I got thinking and doubting my capabilities.  One one hand, that's hard.  On another, I know that doubt is sometimes what keeps me sharp, and keeps me working to always improve.  But it's difficult.

However this morning has brought some news that made a terrific broom to beat away the crows.  It looks like the winery book - Breathe - is going to have its chance to reach readers after all.  More details to follow, but I'm sending very squishy happy thoughts to t'other Editor today who sent me the loveliest e-mail this morning. 

I'm over at the Pink Heart Society today for What are you Reading Thursday - blogging about a trilogy I just finished and how this author is a guaranteed indulgence!

Her Lone Cowboy also got a 4.5 starred review at Cataromance today.  It opens with: "Donna Alward concludes her Cowboys and Confetti duet with a beautiful love story that will tug at your heartstrings and rouse your emotions: Her Lone Cowboy!"

So that's me for today...I have volunteering this afternoon but I still have a few hours to get some work done!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful news about your 'Breathe' story, and also the romance review. Glad it's going well for you! And I see no reason for the crows of doubt to be circling. Reality checks every now and then are perfectly normal for a writer, just looking at where you are and deciding where you want to be in the future. Not doubt, but goal adjustment. Embrace it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Donna!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the sterling review over at Single Title!

    I picked up "Her Lone Cowboy" in a book store in South Africa this afternoon and can't wait to get stuck into it.

    Now tells those crows to 'Shoo!'. Your readers love you, and that's where it counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the revisions are relatively painless. And I think thinking is very important. I often figure things out before I sit down to write.

    So happy and excited about Breathe (love the title, btw) and congratulations on the great review!

    ReplyDelete