Wednesday, April 14, 2010

MY DOG IS FREAKING ME OUT

It is 1:27 a.m.  I have just sent a new partial to my editor.  I would have been finished a while ago, except my dog is freaking me out.  Panting, shaking, going outside four times (the last on a leash).  Running around the yard, coming back in, running to the back door, coming and sitting practically in my lap and shaking.  Then she runs upstairs - which is forbidden - and I have to literally drag her out of my daughter's room.

Freaked out?  You betcha.

My friend Jenna thinks it might be coyotes.  I think she might be right.  Haven't seen any in our subdivision, but it wouldn't surprise me.  Then again, I haven't heard any either.

The doors have been checked like three times.

And I had four hours sleep last night.  The most I will get at this point is five, before the alarm goes off.  And that's if I get to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.  Do I think that's going to happen?  *shakes head*

ANYWAY, the good news is I've written over 12k in 3 days to get this new partial good to go, and I'm whipped.  I am taking tomorrow morning off, I think.  I'll check e-mail and perhaps curl up with a book.  Or maybe nap.  That is sounding REALLY good right about now.

3 comments:

  1. Hugs, Donna - hope you got some sleep and Dreamer's feeling less worried today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unnerving! You might be right about the coyotes. We've seen them in our neighborhood.

    Congrats on getting the MS off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay on getting the ms off.

    Shaking dogs and checking upstairs is a sign she's making sure her family is safe so there was definitely something out in the yard freaking her out.

    One of mine does something similar when he sees a squirel, I've tried to explain it's not manly to be freaked by a small furry creature but Oscar doesn't care!

    ReplyDelete