Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Aches and Pains

Carrying too much weight and spending hours in front of the computer means my back is troubling me again.  Actually, the pain is quite severe today.  I keep getting up and moving about and sitting down for concentrated bursts of work.  I have to work; I have heavy revisions and another deadline. 

Several years back I had the same problem only I can say honestly that last time it wasn't as severe - and that took six weeks to fix itself after a course of muscle relaxants and xrays - neither of which helped.  It was more isolated that time too.  It didn't actually hurt to SWALLOW.  Only when I eat, mind you.  I'm fine with regular swallowing and drinking.   As a result, I'm logging off for the night and going to do some pilates, trying to strengthen what needs to be strengthened and stretch what needs to be stretched.  Oh, and I took 2 robaxacet.  If I fall asleep during pilates, I'll know why.

Meanwhile, I've booked myself a massage. The only trouble is, I have to wait 2 weeks to get in.  If, after that, it hasn't resolved, I do have a doctor appt early May. 

It is my own stupid fault for allowing myself to be chained to my chair for long stretches.

And so the computer goes off.  I am 17k + in on the revisions and I do believe I'm going to have to make a decision on working hours.  Perhaps work in the morning until lunch, take the afternoon off, and give e-mail one last check at dinner.

Technology makes our life easier, but it can sure wreak havoc on our bodies!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better! Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon, Donna.

    sri.

    ReplyDelete