Sunday, March 28, 2010

What have I been reading/watching?

I haven't done a book or movie etc. roundup for a looong time and I'll likely forget a few, but I thought today I'd give an overview of what I've been watching and reading.

Watch-wise, we've seen Monsters vs. Aliens (cute), Imagine That (also cute, starring Eddie Murphy, lots of laughs) and New Moon.  Still Team Edward in the books and Team Jacob in the movie.  Taylor Lautner saved that movie IMO. 

The DH and I have been watching Spartacus, finished watching Season 3 of Secret Diary of a Call Girl, and have started watching The Pacific.  Enjoyed and are enjoying all three.  We also watched The Ugly Truth with Gerard Butler and Katherine Heigl.  It wasn't bad.  Not great either, but I felt utterly cheated at the end.  For a movie that could have been a category romance, you kind of expect a payoff that shows the heroine's growth arc, and I just didn't think it was there.

The best thing we've watched in the last month or so is The 39 Steps on Masterpiece Theatre.  The girls and I loved it.  Seriously loved it.  Like will probably get the dvd now loved it.  Rupert Penry Jones was fab and the chemistry was great as well as the intrigue and the fast pace.  Does anyone know if there is another in the works?  And tonight marks the first of 2 new Sharpe movies - I'm beyond excited.  I'm dvr'ing as it's on too late to watch with the girls and we'll watch sometime this week or perhaps over the Easter weekend.

Reading wise, I've been a bit slow this month as things have been busy around here!  My reviews are up at eharlequin so apologies for not posting them all here.

I've read:

Falling For the Playboy Millionaire:  Kate Hardy
Good Girl or Gold Digger:  Kate Hardy
The Konstantos Marriage Demand: Kate Walker
Compromising Miss Milton: Michelle Styles
The Last Battle: CS Lewis
Secrets of the Playboy's Bride: Leanne Banks
In My Wildest Fantasies:  Julianne MacLean

Currently I'm reading Just Breathe by Susan Wiggs and there's an Anne McAllister tempting me.
One of my goals is to read some of my e-books.  They are all waiting for me and Mr. Darcee is charged and ready. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooo I agree with you about The Ugly Truth. It left me a bit flat at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just went to see Ghost Writer with Ewan McGregor this past weekend. Liked it a lot.

    And I've been reading a lot of Super Romance's lately. They kind of dropped off my radar as I targeted my writing to the short contemporary lines. But, I'm impressed by the range of stories and the writing.

    ReplyDelete