Friday, March 05, 2010
Ten things...and galleys
A couple of lovelies sent me a cupcake award because my blog makes them happy! Now it's my turn to list 10 things that make me happy and spread the joy. So here we go:
1. My one and only coffee first thing in the morning.
2. Hearing baby belly laughs. And occasionally when my eldest STILL does it even though she's nearly 12. It is impossible not to smile.
3. Crossing items off my to-do list. It gives great satisfaction knowing something is completed.
4. Battlestar Galactica. Buying every season on DVD was so worth it. The brilliant writing on that show makes me happy.
5. The On Demand feature on cable, meaning I can watch movies or series at any time I want. Also the DVR feature of my cable box that lets me record anything not available On Demand. Convenient and commercial free is wonderful.
6. Reading books that are difficult to put down. It's not very often I get utterly swept away in a story, so when I do it's amazing.
7. A good red wine and a relaxed Saturday night. The ultimate relax and recharge time.
8. Time alone with the dh...a rare occasion so something to be cherished
9. Reader mail. When I get a note from a reader it makes my day...week...month. Nothing validates like hearing from readers.
10. Having the best job in the world, with a wonderful editor and amazing agent and fantastic colleagues. I can't imagine doing anything else.
Bonus answer: Michael Buble cd's. :-)
I know a lot of my peeps have done this already, so truly - if you're reading, it's your turn. Come up with 10 things that make you happy. I bet your day will be brighter for it. :-)
Now - some galleys arrived in my inbox last night so that's on the agenda for today. Starting the new book will have to wait until Monday I expect.