Tuesday, March 23, 2010

If you build it, they will come

One of the things I'm really learning this year is to trust my process.  I blogged earlier about being a pantser and trusting my characters to reveal the layers of themselves as I go on - I don't need to know it all at the beginning and that's okay.  It will happen.  Because it always does.  Trying to nail them down too soon sometimes means I write myself into a box.  And my process is unique to me.  My process will also change and morph as I grow as a writer and that's okay too.  Really, I just need to chillax about it.

I did my casting for this book and next up was a song - 3 weeks ago.  Nothing was working.  But I was like...whatever.  The right song will turn up because it always does.  I love having a new song for a book.  Sometimes there's more than one, and sometimes what was the right song gets punted for a new one as the book goes on.  But rather than look and look and look, I waited.  The universe has ways of sending me what I need.

The universe spoke last night and so I'm off to i-tunes to download Hedley's Perfect.  But just so you know what it sounds like, here's a you tube clip.  The video didn't fit my perception of the song so I let the lyrics do the work.

NOW I'm ready to get back to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment