Friday, February 19, 2010

Ok, so maybe it was better than I thought.

Working on: epilogue of UAS
Listening to:  oooh!  Must pick something
Reading: Rita stuff

Today I'm happy because it means I am done writing this book; I have a whole week to edit and polish and believe me, there isn't always that much time left over so I'm feeling fairly comfortable with it.  Plus, structurally I think it's sound.  There are some bits particularly in the last quarter or so that might need some POV adjustment, and then there are threads and layers that need to be trimmed or exploited, but it's all quite doable and I'm pretty excited about it.

I answered a tweet to Nicola Marsh today and realized that in essence I've written this book in 7 weeks.  I began it January 4, after spending the holidays with family.  During this seven weeks, I also did promo for my January book, held my pitch contest which including reading and critiquing 80+ pitches and 4 chapters, and I did three rounds of edits for my Samhain release.  I have also read 4 of the 6 books for the RITAs and 2 for the Pink Heart Picks book club.

At times I wondered how productive I was because it seemed I could never catch up.  Looking at my laundry list of stuff, though, I can see it was better than I thought.

Next Friday this book will be off to my editor.  The fact that I have 12 weeks to write the next feels almost luxurious!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for you for getting to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the sexy Argentine!

    Now need to kick mine into submission. Will have more time when the kids go back to school next week. I hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Party time ;)

    Congrats on getting to the end! You've had an incredibly busy seven weeks!

    ReplyDelete