Monday, February 01, 2010

Loads o' news!

It's Monday, and I'm staring down the barrell of several deadlines now.  It never rains but pours.  However I have made a list and it will all get done as long as I keep the focus and don't allow myself to get distracted - or find ways of procrastinating.  I do tend to get a lot of work done while under pressure.  Conversely, my family usually eats macaroni and wonders when I'm going to do laundry when that happens.  LOL

But there are several exciting things to share with you!  And I'm feeling like I could use some colours so each item rates its own hue!

First of all, we have a winner for the Perfect Pitch Contest I held over at eharlequin!!!  Major congrats to Soraya Nicholas!  Soraya also finalled last year, but I can honestly say I see a huge jump in her writing this year and her opening chapter made me sniffle...lovely touching moments already!  I'm really looking forward to working with Soraya this year.  Thanks to all who sent in their pitches and chapters...it was a privilege reading them all.

And - we also have a winner for my January website contest.  Another congratulations to Judith Rachmani all the way from Israel who has won a signed copy of One Dance With The Cowboy!

I will be updating my site and doing up my newsletter shortly, so those of you that are subscribers can be on the lookout for that.

I don't think I announced it here, so I will do it now...The Pink Heart Picks Book Club reading selection for February is Nikki Logan's Lights...Camera...Kiss the Boss!  I'm really excited to read this book - it's a debut for the Romance line and got a stunning 4 1/2 star review from Romantic Times.  Please grab a copy and read and join me (and lots of others) at the Pink Heart Society on February 23rd, where we'll have a fun chat and I'll announce the March pick. We had a BLAST last week talking about India Grey's book. 

I also heard today that Montana, Mistletoe, Marriage will be having a new outing on shelves in the UK - in an anthology program with 2 other marvelous authors.  It'll be in stores in November of this year.  I'm thrilled - it's the first time I've had a reprint of any sort!

And unless I've utterly missed something...the last thing on my list is Nicola Marsh's annual Valentine's Day contest!  This year each author is featuring a favourite hero.  I'm up tomorrow...which will probably be later tonight my time if I have my time differences right (Nic's in Australia).  There's a prize up for grabs so you're gonna want to pay a visit.  :-)

That's all, folks.  Now it's back to first deadline on the list....

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:32 AM

    Congratulations Soraya! I am so excited for you. It will a great experience working with Donna.

    And thank you, Donna, for giving us this wonderful opportunity. I have learned something invaluable just from entering. Can't wait to see the critique of my chapter--though no worries on when--meet YOUR deadlines first.
    Suzanne Forrest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! There's a lot to celebrate here! Nice start to February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Soraya. And thanks to you Donna for giving us all the opportunity to pitch.

    Having read your blog even *I* felt pressurised on your behalf. Here's hoping you have a calmer week! Take care. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Soraya!! You go girl.

    ReplyDelete