Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Update...

I just found out that The Cowboy's Doorstep Baby has sold!  Revisions have gone through and all is well with the world.  No word on the official title (it ALWAYS gets changed) or release date but I'm sure I'll find that out in due time.

I am probably more excited about this than it truly warrants.  My only excuse is that since selling Her Lone Cowboy I ended up with a few rejections that knocked my confidence for a wee bit of a loop.  It feels REALLY good to have an acceptance e-mail.  And what makes it that little bit sweeter is that this is my 10th book for Harlequin Romance. 

It is a very nice milestone to meet.

Anyway, that's what's new.  In other news, dd2 came home today saying she and her partner had chosen to read some Poe aloud for language arts today.  She borrowed some books of mine, which made me laugh as she's NINE, and then she wondered whether to pick Shakespeare, Frost, or Poe.  She ended up going with the "dark, suspenseful" one, she said.

Geeks: The Next Generation, I'm thinking.

Oh, and incidentally - I broke the 20k mark today.  Not bad for a hump day, all told.

12 comments:

  1. Donna, when I first read the title of your book I thought it was "DoorSTOP Baby." LOL. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Wow, ten already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel5:51 PM

    Tremendous news!! I'm so happy for you. Soon, it will be hard to keep all the titles in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the sale, the milestone (10 books! wow!), and the 20K. I'd call that a terrific hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay on number 10, I'm so happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome news, Donna!!

    Congratulations!! ,

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOHOO! That is fantastic Donna! A big congratulations! What a great piece of news to receive on a Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Sweetheart - I know how you've needed to pick yourself up a few times recently so this is great news.

    And many con gratulaitons on that 10th acceptance- double figures now. Here's to even more success coming up
    love

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Donna! Lovely number 10! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bit late in posting but... great news on the number 10. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY!!!! Congrats Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent - congrats, Donna!

    ReplyDelete