Thursday, January 07, 2010

Thursday update

Working on: Chapter 1 and 2 of Under Argentine Skies
Listening to: nothing
Reading: Both The Lost Symbol and Powerful Italian, Penniless Housekeeper

A bit of backtracking today - and finally I HOPE HOPE HOPE the third attempt at chapter one is the one that stays.  Bits of it have moved to chapter 2 and I haven't decided if they will stay or not (some will certainly go) but considering I was out all morning doing my civic duty, I think I did okay.  If I can do 2000 words tomorrow then I will still be on track with word count.

What it goes to show though is that sometimes you have an awesome idea for a scene in your head, but it totally doesn't work on paper.  And that as much as you love certain bits, sometimes it is better to delete even when it hurts.

Now I believe I am going to watch a movie with the dh.  Last night we watched Burn After Reading which was typically Cohen and while it had some funny moments it really wasn't my thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment