Monday, January 18, 2010

The Perfect Pitch Contest - 2010 Edition

Today marks the beginning of my Perfect Pitch contest.  Things are a little different this year, in that I'm holding the contest at eharlequin in conjunction with a workshop held last week by the fab Winnie Griggs - if you're interested in learning how to craft a pitch it's a must-read.  And I'm only taking pitches this week - instead of during the whole month.

But the results are the same - I will pick five finalists and read their first chapters, and of those five I will pick one person to mentor for 2010.

Specifics are set up on a special thread at eharlequin.  There you can ask questions etc.

I also want to say congrats to last year's winner, Sri Pammi, who has been so lovely to work with and is currently getting a requested full ready to send to Desire.

I'm looking forward to reading your pitches!

4 comments:

  1. Great news! Thanks for running this contest again, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like great fun! I bet doing it over a week instead of a month is going to make things a lot easier :D. Congrats to Sri Pammi I'm so thrilled for her :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very excited about your pitch contest, what a great opportunity! Sri is in our crit group (she's a minx) and is a great writer, so I add my congrats to Lacey's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting for this ever since I heard about it. Thanks for offering your time in this manner, Donna. You pay-it-forward in style!

    ReplyDelete