Monday, January 25, 2010

Perfect Pitch, 2010 Edition!

First things first - let's get right to what you want to know.


I narrowed the 80+ pitches down to about half, and then from there down to 11. Let me tell you, it's a tough job.

The 11 that made the shortlist are:

Jennifer Hilt
Joanne Cleary
Caroline Storer
Suzanne Forrest
Chelle Sandell
Jane Flynn
Soraya Nicholas
Jamie Webb
Stephanie Schneider
Jennifer Faye
Jodie Gergel

Narrowing it down to the FINAL FIVE was even more difficult. I let them sit and went back to them several times before deciding on the five who are now eligible to send me a first chapter. I'll critique it and hopefully be back next Monday with the final winner.

Joanne Cleary
Jane Flynn
Soraya Nicholas
Suzanne Forrest
Jennifer Hilt

Thank you to all who entered. Congrats to the finalists! I mentioned to my CP that the final five are such a tight field that it really is simply going to come down to the first chapter holding up.  It is going to be a tough, tough decision and I wish there were five of me to go around.

This week, I'll be posting some of my thoughts on the pitches in general, though each entrant will receive an e-mail with some specific feedback.  I learned a lot about pitching as I got to put myself in an agent's or editor's chair for a few hours.  Submitting what an editor or agent asks for must make their job easier and I'm sure it's appreciated.  People like things that make their job easier.  :-)  The majority of entrants did this and it was great!

Right - back tomorrow with a few thoughts and observations about the pitching process.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Donna for giving us all the opportunity to enter this great contest. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great going final five! Good luck with the choice Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, well done on making your choices, it must have been difficult with so many entries. Good luck to all the final five, and good luck to you, Donna, I don't envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great opportunity for the writers and how wonderful you are for reaching out and mentoring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the finalists! :)

    ReplyDelete