Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday

It is gloomy and foggy and most of our snow has disappeared.  I am currently on day 2 of battling a headache, and today I am winning but the tides could turn at any moment (you know that feeling when it's lurking?).

To top it off, I ran out of lollipop bags last night so a quick trip to the jungle that is WalMart is in order! 

But it's not all gloom.  I'm making good progress on my editing, I'm nearly half way through another book (reading) and I'm also over at Tote Bags 'n' Blogs talking about enjoying being off deadline for a few weeks.  There's even an easy recipe over there for something delicious and that takes no time at all to whip up.  My youngest has been making it nearly on her own since she was about six.

Other books I've finished reading are Susannah's Garden by Debbie Macomber and The Silver Chair - only one more to go in the Narnia series.  I had forgotten so much about them that reading them with the kids has been a total rediscovery.

I also watched Confessions of a Shopaholic, which I thought was great fun.  Then my girls watched it - THREE TIMES.  All because we can't find our The Devil Wears Prada dvd.  I know it's here somewhere.

Anyway back to work for me for a while and then it's off to Wally World.  Ick. 

2 comments:

  1. Hazel1:15 PM

    Just checked out your piece on deadlines over at Tote Bags 'n' Blogs. You seem to make a distinction between immediate deadlines and those down the road!

    I am so impressed with the way you balance your busy writing life and your home and family commitments. You are truly blessed to have both in such abundance.

    I am always looking for easy to make treats to have on hand at this time of year. Thanks for sharing your daughter's recipe with us.

    Merry Christmas, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I LOVE Confessions of a Shopaholic!! When I'm having a bad day I break it out in the evening to get my mood back on track. Works better than chocolate.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete