Thursday, December 10, 2009

ON THE 11th DAY OF CHRISTMAS - VICKIE TAYLOR




The penultimate day of the contest - and what a ride!  Already hundreds of entries! 

Today's spotlighted author is Vickie Taylor.  Read on to learn more about Vickie and see what treat she's adding to the prize!


Vickie Taylor wrote her first novel in 1997. Upon completion, she was too chicken to give the manuscript to anyone she knew to read, so she sent her baby off to a few contests to get some anonymous feedback instead. Little did she know how her life was about to change: a few months later, she had won all four of the Romance Writers of America chapter contests she’d entered, was a Golden Heart finalist and had sold the book to Silhouette Intimate Moments!



Since then, Vickie has written numerous romantic suspense novels for Silhouette Books and paranormal romances for Berkley Sensation, garnering numerous awards including four coveted Romance Writers of America “Rita” nominations.


Vickie lives in a small town in north Texas dubbed “The Heart of Horse Country” where she rounds out her writing days riding horses, volunteering with the local Humane Society, and serving on a K-9 search and rescue team. She is currently celebrating the release of two new books. LEGACY OF STONE is a paranormal romance available now and A DOCTOR’S WATCH will be released by Silhouette Romantic Suspense in January.





The books Vickie is including in our prize is LEGACY OF STONE and A DOCTOR'S WATCH.

So...drop me an e-mail at donnaalward@hotmail.com and put today's clue - EGGNOG - as your subject line.  Tomorrow I'll be wrapping it all up with my own personal post!  I can't believe how quickly the time has gone!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Vickie,
    What a wonderful story. I think I would also opt for anonymous feedback if I were to ever try writing. You must have been so thrilled to win all those contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vickie,

    Great story. Truly living my dream, in many ways. Both books sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gigi and Pam! It really is dream. I tell myself daily that I have the best job in the world!

    And huge thanks to Donna for inviting me to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Vickie, You have found yourself a new fan! I love gargoyle stories! Definitely have to check out your stories. Thanks for joining the contest and sharing your experience with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story!! I have enjoyed the
    12 Days of Christmas. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Fantastic story. That's what you get for being sneaky and trying to get anonymous feedback :P

    ReplyDelete