Wednesday, December 09, 2009

ON THE 10th DAY OF CHRISTMAS - PAMELA STONE


It ain't just Lords a' leaping today.  Today's post is particularly special because it's a debut, and as we all know, your first time only happens once.

So a big blog and contest welcome to new Harlequin American author, Pam Stone!



A little about Pam:


One might ask how an accounting graduate who spent twenty plus years in the technology field became a romance writer. Well, it’s quite simple. Start with an only child whose classy mom put her energy into my wardrobe, dance, and piano lessons. Plus an amazing father who added go-kart racing, slot cars, water skiing, and a pony to the mix. Toss in a wild imagination coupled with summers in the country and lazy walks on my grandparent’s farm. Add to that another grandmother with a shed full of Harlequin romance novels to while away hot afternoons and you come up with me.


Writing is pure escapism. Childhood imaginary friends developed into teenage fantasies. Later as a mother of two young, rambunctious sons, I began writing to keep in touch with the adult world; at least it was worth a shot. I continued writing as a method to wind down in the evenings from long, exhausting days spent in Corporate America. Anybody notice a pattern here? Not enough adult socialization – write. People overload – write. Either way, writing keeps me sane. Cheaper than a therapist and tons more fun.


I still reside in Texas with my childhood sweetheart and husband of; well we won’t mention how many years. In my spare time I enjoy traveling. From Hawaii, to California, to Florida, to the Caribbean, to Galveston, Texas. If there’s a beach, I’m there. I also love spending time with friends and family, especially three adorable grandkids. I love writing romance and sold my first novel, Last Resort: Marriage, to Harlequin American on Friday the 13th, June 2008. How’s that for luck!


And even more exciting, Harlequin American has bought my second book, due out in 2011. WooHoo!


Pam's debut is Last Resort: Marriage!
Desperate times call for a quickie wedding? And desperation is the only reason Charlotte Harrington would even consider marrying local playboy, Aaron Brody. Even if he is the most irresistible man she’s ever laid eyes on.

Charlie’s proposition could be a win-win for both of them. Aaron keeps his charter business afloat and the gorgeous, cool-as-ice hotel heiress keeps her grandfather from selling her hotel out from under her. Besides, it’s temporary.

Isn’t it?

It was supposed to be strictly a business arrangement. Falling in love with her husband wasn’t part of the deal. So when the time comes, will Charlie be able to just shake hands with Aaron and part ways forever?

Today's clue is MISTLETOE.

Those of you who have been with us all along-  you know the drill.  All you newbies - here's what you do.  Send me an e-mail at donnaalward@hotmail.com and put today's clue as the subject line.  I'll be drawing on the 14th and you can enter once each day.

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Pam. A huge congratulations on your second book! No one-hit wonder for you. Just an amazing writer and amazing friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read and loved "Last Resort:Marriage" and am definitely looking forward to Pam's next book and many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vicki and Ellen for stopping by. Last Resort: Marriage was lots of fun to write. This second book is different, but also has been a fun experience. I hope Vince is another sexy hero that you will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowee, and I get to say I knew her when...
    Congrats on the success of LAST RESORT:MARRIAGE and congrats on the second book sale!
    Since I'm lucky enough to be a critique partner of Pam's, I can tell you all Vince is one sexy hunk of a guy with a heart of gold who helps an awkward boy who's new in town to fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Juliet. And thanks, Donna for having me here today. It's been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam,
    Congratulations on the second book.
    It sounds like a great story.
    You have had an amazingly interesting life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Gigi. I do feel blessed with a very loving, yet colorful family. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your first book, Pam!

    ReplyDelete