Friday, November 20, 2009

Things to Make You Smile

I totally ripped the blog title for today off Kate Hardy's post yesterday.  Thanks Kate!

The reason why is despite a trying week all around, today I get to share with you something I have waited for, for what seems like FOREVER.

Yesterday, the cover for HER LONE COWBOY showed up on Amazon.

I was afraid for this cover for a few reasons.  One, and most of you who regularly read this already know, my hero is disabled and only has one arm.  I hoped beyond hope that my hero on the cover would not show two hands.  Mistakes happen on covers and I admit it did make things an extra challenge for the art department.

Two, I adore this book.  I adore Noah.  I adore Lily.  I am always very invested in my books but sometimes one just stays with you forever.  This is one of those books.  So I was hopin' and wishin' for something really great.

And did the art department ever come through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it.  I love the colours and the fence and the cowboy on the front with only one arm visible!  I love the tone and the feel and I just feel gushy all over.

I have already e-mailed my editor expressing my pleasure.

Hopefully my UK cover will be just as splendid.And equally one-armed.  :-)



Here's the blurb:

Grouchy Noah was a challenge, but a Noah who started to trust Lily was far more difficult to handle…


Shutting himself off from the world, injured ex-soldier Noah Lamarie plans to lick his wounds in private. For who could love a cowboy who can’t even tie a bale of hay?

Lily Germaine thinks Noah is the most infuriating, stubborn-as-a-mule man she’s ever met. Losing an arm doesn’t mean he has to lose sight of who he is. His courage, strength and loyalty make him one in a million. She just needs to convince him of that!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is a wonderful cover! The story sounds very poignant and lovely : )

    gcwhiskas at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, what a GORGEOUS cover. Fab stuff. Hope you're smiling all weekend, now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh fab cover Donna! Have a good weekend! Take care. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love. Can I marry it (him)? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cover, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cover, Donna, and so perfectly in tune with your title. I look forward to a wonderful read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll gush with you Donna! It's a fantastic cover! You just want to snatch the guy and make a run for it toward that gorgeous background :D

    ReplyDelete