Wednesday, November 25, 2009

HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



THE END THE END THE END!

I have written the end of Doorstep Baby!  This means I have until Monday to tweak and adjust and polish.  We won't mention the time I won't be working this weekend as it is the company party etc, but a girl has to have a break now and again. 

Word count came in just dandy too.  Because I had to add a scene and a half or so to chapters 10 and 11, and one I wasn't anticipating in 12, I ended up just shy of 49k.  Snce I'm limited to 55k tops, and I always add a couple of thousand in edits (and usually a few more in revisions), my word count for the first complete draft is exactly in the right place.

I am taking a short break to put something in the oven and then throw in a load of laundry.  But it is a huge relief to finally have those last words down and now I can get to work shaping them.

Oh yes, and writing a synopsis.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on finishing WIP. Take care. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Donna! I love the pic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What a great feeling to have the draft out of your system to where you can go back and fine tune.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent. Well done, you :o)

    ReplyDelete