Friday, September 11, 2009

Ugh

I need coffee. I don't make coffee because a) mine isn't as good as the husband's and b) when he's not here, it seems such a waste to make even half a pot. So when he's away, I don't make it, and I don't have morning coffee.

Sadly - yesterday and this morning are the only days it's been missing but already I have a cracking headache. And it's not like I drink a lot of caffeine either. A cup in the morning and a cup of tea at night. That's it. But miss a few days...and I'm grumpy as all get out and usually sport a nice headache.

To top it off, my schedule's been crap. I really enjoyed Tuesday. It was how a work day should be. I am going to attempt it again today with the exception of a few errands. I have to do the banking, then stop at the bank machine, then go to the post office (as I've been waiting to send some packages) and I'm stopping at Tim Horton's and buying an extra large coffee. At least then when I come home the pile of bills will be off my desk and the pile of books to be mailed will be off my cabinet.

I desperately need to add to word count today. I realized last night thanks to Jack Bickham that I didn't start my first chapter in the right place. Thankfully I think the scene is salvageable, but I had to axe the first 2 1/2 pages. Deleted pages always hurt, especially when you're struggling to add to word count. But better for the story, for sure.

Anyway Banking etc. first in the hopes I can ward off the headache with a good cup of coffee.

Oh and before I go - Mills and Boon are celebrating one year of offering e-books by giving some away! Just head over to http://www.everyonesreading.com/ and download any or all of the 10 books they have to offer. These are different titles than the ones Harlequin are giving away for their 60th Birthday celebrations. A few are ones I've been wanting to read for a while, so I'm thrilled.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Donna-I don't know how you do it without coffee-my sympathies!!! Go to Timmy's-all your problems will be solved LOL. Actually, that sounds like a plan...I think I'll head over there myself this morning :)

    Thanks for the info on the free books, I'll check it out!

    Good luck with the word count!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel1:13 PM

    I start my mornings without caffeine - usually rooibos tea. I'm out of that right now, and most other herbal teas just don't cut it. But by mid-morning (or after lunch, at the latest), I need that java, and I need it now! (That's supposed to sound as fervent as Liam Neeson, in Love Actually, when he says, "We need Kate and Leo. And we need them NOW."

    Sometimes a schedule just goes crappy for no good reason. Fresh air is often a good solution. Go for a short walk with the dog, etc. Good luck with your day, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sneaky caffeine! I'm actually not a coffee drinker (did you hear the hush fall over the room there?) but I get a similar withdrawal when I eat a lot of chocolate. Hmmm maybe if I start drinking coffee I'll be less grumpy in the mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like that morning jolt from good old Tim Horton's-- a must have for any work day.

    I also think my husband's coffee tastes better than mine. Or is it that coffee tastes better when someone else makes it for you? Hmmm...something to ponder.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete