Friday, September 18, 2009

Techno issues

Working on: Chapter Three of CDB
Listening to: Katharine McPhee
Reading: STILL the Inn at Eagle Point

This week has been, as Kate Hardy would say, "a bit pants" for reading. I've barely had time to crack a book and when I do it's 20 or 30 pages. So I'm STILL reading The Inn at Eagle Point. I hope to finish it this weekend.

The flip side of that is that the new book is going well, and so some of the time I would be reading I've spent writing.

I did hit a glitch though. My printer has crapped out. Now, I love this printer but it's one downside is that it has a permanent print head. One print head went bust last year when it was still under warranty. This time it's not and to replace it....well, I've just ordered a new printer. Which is asinine. How 2 print heads alone add up to more than the replacement cost of the printer is beyond me. And I NEED a printer. Heck, even the eldest had to print something for school yesterday and the colour portion printed but it wasn't as vivid as it should have been (it's the black print head that's gone). Print straight text and the sheet comes out blank.

Anyway I'm going to have a bite of something and then get back to the book. I did realize a few places that need revising in the opening 2 chapters, but it won't be hard changes and I think the opening will be the stronger for it. It is better to see it now, because my editor would surely see it.

That reminds me of another Bickham point, and so maybe I'll visit that on Monday. Otherwise - have a good weekend. I'm hanging out with the kids and probably sneaking in a bit of work.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh printers... I can't say anything bad about them because mine might hear me but the word "temperamental" comes to mind...

    It is insane that a new printer is cheaper than print heads! I discovered that for myself last year (not happy).

    ReplyDelete