Tuesday, September 01, 2009

September Admin

Working on: September Admin
Listening to: my inner voice cheering that it's the last day of summer hols
Reading: next on tbr

I am cheering that it's September 1 which means kids are back to school tomorrow. And yet...a little sad that summer is already gone. It's sped by, and we can't get it back. Kind of a weird feeling. And yet...getting back to a regular schedule makes me blissfully happy.

Today I am working on admin and perhaps finishing my current chapter. So...first of all, the winner of my August contest! Congrats to Jean Mess, who gets a signed copy of Hired: The Italian's Bride.

Which brings us to a brand new contest! I know it's only September, but I've started thinking about Christmas already. Why? Well, besides my practical streak that hates shopping in December (and snags buys all year round simply to avoid it), I have my first ever holiday story out this year. A Bride for Rocking H Ranch is my novella in Montana, Mistletoe, Marriage with Pat Thayer. It's out in November, and I'm giving away an advance copy at the end of September. All you have to do is send an e-mail to donna@donnaalward.com with the subject line of "Donna's September Contest", and answer the following: What's your favourite holiday tradition?

I'll draw at the end of the month. :-)

So...new contest, and my newsletter has just been sent out as well. If you haven't signed up, there's a handy dandy box here on the sidebar to do so.

Now I'm on to updating my website, and that should take care of the admin for this month. Then on to the chapter, and this afternoon I am baking a double batch of banana chocolate chip muffins for school lunches.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! Your first holiday read! I'll brave the shops to get it Donna!

    ReplyDelete