Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Same place, same time...

Working on: proposal
Listening to: Michael Buble - Call Me Irresponsible
Reading: The Inn at Eagle Point - Sherryl Woods

School is back! This morning, my heavily laden children trudged to the bus stop while I followed feeling very skippy. We have a new kid at the stop - starting his very first day of Kindergarten. So cute. I even misted up as he and his backpack - nearly bigger than he was - clambered up the bus steps. Milestones.

Speaking of, we are at the "impending teenhood" stage in my house. First of all, my "don't drag me out of bed until after 7" kid was up at 6:15 to shower. Then when we said no flip flops to school, so she could show off her toenails, we got the subtle stomp and flounce. It's only just beginning.

Then I walked the dog in the sunshine.

Today I am listening (at least for the moment) to Michael Buble. It is impossible to feel blue listening to Buble. Today's blog title is an homage to the lyrics of the current track - my fave on the cd. Me and Mrs. Jones. I sing along, and add just a little grit to the Mee-eee an-and Mrs, Mrs. Jones bit. My high school band instructor used to sing this to me as I came down the music department hallway (my maiden name is Jones). Good times.

Plus I can turn it up and there is no competing television etc. or kids going "Mo-om!"

Anyway, I'm off for now, trying to put together a proposal my editor will go for. Fingers crossed, as we're going to chat tomorrow morning about what's first in the brand new contract!

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps there is something to be said about the coming full moon as well as impending teenagehood, as I got a whackload of attitude this morning from Miss Almost-Eight. I might have felt misty and nostalgic yesterday, but not today, mister. Today was more like, "Go to school. Goodbye." *sigh* Anyway. She'll be in a good mood by the time she comes home, at least.

    In the meantime -- YAY, YOU on your contract! Whee! That's such awesome news, babycakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture the bus stop. You feeling skippy, the kids depressed. Ahh well we did our time :)

    ReplyDelete