Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Pricey Afternoon

Working on: Jewell
Reading: Too Good To Be True, Kristan Higgins

Yesterday afternoon turned a little pricey. We had to take the dog to the vet (she has to go back tomorrow morning). No emergency, but a recurring problem that is requiring a few tests and more than likely medication. I'm lucky that my sister is normally our vet, but she's five hours away. It's fine for the routine stuff - we just plan it around a visit. But when things crop up, we have to go local. While we were waiting, another Duck Toller came in and we oohed and aahed over her. She was lovely.

Once I paid for that, it was on to the music store where we sorted out the eldest with her clarinet rental for the school year. It's her first year in a band program so we also ended up with a box of reeds, cleaning kit, a music stand and instruction book. Then there was also the piano lesson book as she is nearly finished her current level. OUCH.

All in all it was a bit of sticker shock in the end.

The first of the school year is always a little bit of bleeding through the wallet. New shoes, school supplies, a few clothes...fees and what not. I tell you, I don't know how bigger families do it. The two of them are quite enough! LOL

I'm off to finish up a few odd jobs, then it's writing, and then if it's dry enough this afternoon, mowing the grass for the day's exercise. If I use the push mower it takes me about 2 hours.

3 comments:

  1. Hope she's feeling better soon, Donna.

    And LOL on priciness. Had a day of that myself (new rucksacks for school... and some stationery while we were at it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't I know it. Since Jessie graduated this year I only have to buy school supplies for the 2 boys. For Jessie, we just pay for her college tuition. Yikes. And guess where she's going?

    da da da da, da da da da,...

    Calgary!

    Yes, we drive to Calgary on Labour Day weekend to get her settled into residence. I have very mixed feelings about it.

    Now see, if you still lived there, I could've dropped in for a visit.

    Hmmm...I wonder if they'll have a writer's mtg at that time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! Imagine that couple with the twins and sextuplets! How they're still standing just amazes me!

    ReplyDelete