Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A busy little bee

Working on: polishing pass for Sold
Listening to: A/C, tv...is summer vacation over yet?
Reading: The Pact, Jodi Picoult

I haven't blogged since last Friday; unusual as I usually pop in with short messages. I kind of wondered why and then I realized that:

Saturday was spent cleaning, doing laundry, and mowing the grass. Sunday we took the dog to the park for a swim in the a.m. and we had company in the afternoon and for dinner. Monday we got up to a dreary day so in 45 minutes we'd thrown things for overnight in backpacks and headed to my inlaws.

Since my FIL's surgery, my MIL has been working her bum off. But they had some mowers go kaput as well as some eavestrough that broke and so my husband the handy man packed his tools and off we went. First things first - before it rained we cleaned out the gutters, and then he and his dad went to buy some new lengths of trough and fixed the downspout. Then they went to the farm equipment place and got a new belt for one of the mowers and he fixed that before supper. After supper he replaced the screen in their sliding door. I had taken some salads etc. in the cooler which we had with supper, and I was basically on cleanup and provided the odd "hold this" hand.

Yesterday morning he was busy again - adjusting the clothes line stand, fixing the push mower, the door on the rabbit pen and then clearing out some brush from some trees that were cut earlier in the summer. I helped with the breakfast mess and then the girls, my MIL and I went across the road to a neighbour's. She makes candles and while the kids all visited together, I came out with candles - oatmeal raisin cookie for me and each of the girls got one - my youngest went for Bubblicious and eldest for Sweet Pea and Me (yummy). After lunch I did up the dishes and not long after we were on the road again. Home at suppertime.

Last night I watched a few things and got them off the PVR while sewing in the ends on one scarf and continuing knitting on another. I don't know if it is the cooler evenings or what, but the air has a fall feel and I'm getting that back to school organizational/nesting urge. Or maybe things have been so crazy I'm simply dying to get back into a sort of schedule and feeling like I've gotten something accomplished!

So that was where my last four days went. It was good and I had fun, but now it is settling down to work for the next few days and desperately needing to get some things accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a fabulous four days! We're glad you're back though!

    I have a hankering for cookies now...

    ReplyDelete