Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Blake Snyder


I opened my e-mail to 2 messages - one from my critique partner and one from another author both letting me know that Blake Snyder died yesterday of an apparent heart attack. He was 52.


I will admit, I had to wipe my eyes at the news. Not because Blake and I were such chums; the sum total of our contact was me dropping him an e-mail after reading Save The Cat and a few responses back and forth about the parallels between screenwriting and romance writing. But I'm so affected because this was a man in the prime of his life, enthusiastic, smart, generous to share his knowledge, working on new projects - and we as a writing community have lost that. And it's a big loss. Save The Cat is my favourite book on writing, and we all could have used a little more Blake. He had a lot to share.

He'll be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment