Monday, August 24, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Working on: Single Title
Reading: Too Good To Be True - Kristan Higgins

I've left out the listening to because honestly, when the kids are home, there is usually some other form of media on and it just competes and jangles my nerves. Next week, when kids are back in school, the book soundtrack will come into play.

Hurricane Bill came and went, bringing scads of rain (officially 57 mm in the city, not sure how much here) and not quite as much wind as was forecast, thankfully. We kept our power. In fact, the worst of the wind happened after 2 p.m. and into the early evening, after the rain had mostly stopped. It was then that we lost the tops off of two trees in our front yard and we are not sure what happened in the woods behind our house - I expect closer examination will show branches down. But it definitely wasn't as bad as predicted.

Today I am starting the writing on the single title, which is at the moment title-less. That will drive me batty. I will have to come up with something, even if it is just a working title. But I have to get started. It is time to buckle down.

I'll be blogging this week very likely on how that develops - working titles, casting, themes....

And a week from Wednesday, school starts. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got through Bill okay. And yay on the writing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you got to keep your power. They turn ours off at the slightest hint of a cyclone which drives me completely bonkers! It takes them ten times as long to turn it all back on even without damage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay you!!!

    Starting something new is so much fun - and evenmore fun when its something really different. it'll be awesome.

    not long til school too - even better!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete