Friday, July 31, 2009

The Soldier's Homecoming

Working On: Edits for Sold To The Highest Bidder (aka One Last Time)
Listening to: the air conditioner
Reading: Just Friends, Allison Leigh

I have a few book blogs and movie reviews to catch up on, but I think I'll leave that until Monday. Instead, I wanted to share some coolness about The Soldier's Homecoming.

First of all, in the mail the other day I received copies of it from South Africa. I love these copies, as they come in the Mills and Boon wrapper, but in trade paperback size. The print size and paper is lovely as well. I've scanned the cover so you can see the title. Any time one of my books is translated, it is a small reason to cheer. One of the things I love about being published with Harlequin/Mills and Boon is the global distribution. It's wild to think of my books being in several languages all over the world.


And then yesterday I got e-mail from the coordinator of the Aspen Gold awards, sponsored by the Heart of Denver Romance Writers RWA chapter. The Soldier's Homecoming has finalled in the Contemporary category! Definitely a reason to celebrate. No word yet on their site about who the finalists are with me or in the other categories - but I'll post a link when it goes up.

All in all, this book is doing me proud. And I'm so happy, because this was a story that meant a lot to me from the get-go.

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I emailed you soon after reading "The Soldier's Homecoming" but I'd like to say it again - this book really touched something in me.

    My husband was in military service for 4 years and saw combat, and much of what you wrote (their issues, the way they reacted to each other) was true for us.

    Congratulations on writing a book that not only moves the reader, but also contains so much truth and insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, told you it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not suprised! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Soldier's Homecoming so deserves all the accolades! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete