Thursday, July 23, 2009

New cover, and an amazing gesture

Working on: admin
Listening to: maybe something later
Reading: Suddenly One Summer, Barbara Freethy



Today the admin carries on, but that's good. It's productive, and necessary.


One thing that happened at Nationals was such a fantastic gesture it still makes me smile in amazement.


Back in June of 07, right after my first Romance release, I did a newcomer's interview for Germany's LoveLetter Magazine. I'd never seen it as I didn't have a copy. I was sitting at the Literacy signing on Wednesday night and this lovely, quiet woman came by and handed me a copy. I was thrilled! It was Kris Hohls, and she told me that when she knew I was going to be there she knew she had to bring me a copy. It was SO sweet.


Doubly amazing was opening it up later to realize that 2 chaptermates - one from Calgary, Pamela Yaye, and one from Halifax, Renee Field - were both in the same article. Thank you Kris!



AND....



The cover of Montana, Mistletoe, Marriage showed up on Amazon!!!!!!! I adore the cover. ADORE it. This is the 2 in 1 I did with Patricia Thayer. My contribution is A Bride For Rocking H Ranch. What do you think? I love the blue, the classy print, the single title kind of feel to it. The art department did a great job and I e-mailed my editor right away to let her know how much I love it.


Now I'm off to get to work - hopefully with more news to share tomorrow-ish.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:05 AM

    Hi Donna,
    I LOVE the new cover--it's just so pretty and honestly if I were in the bookstore it would totally make me want to buy it. I'm a sucker for Christmas!

    Also just wanted to say hi and that I think you're a really inspiring writer. You are always so positive and encouraging. I have a 2yr old at home and my own business and try and find the time to write whenever I can. I'm an infrequent lurker on the eharlequin boards and picked up your last book "Hired.." and I LOVED it. Really loved the characters and the emotion.

    Anyway, just wanted to drop a note since I always lurk on your site. Again, congrats on everything good coming your way.

    Laura
    (abbycat on the boards)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - oh, thank you for popping by! I'm a sucker for Christmas too, and there is something about the cover I just really like.

    As far as the positive goes - well, I definitely have crows of doubt attacks and days of frustration. But on the whole, one of my big annoyances is negativity. It's much more fun to look for possibilities, opportunities, and JOY!

    I guess I just don't get the people who feel they need to make disaparaging remarks about others, or focus on what they don't like instead of celebrating what they do.

    I truly believe you get back what you put out there. If that's true, I'm gonna try to Joy as many people as I can.

    Good luck with the writing. Sometimes it's so tough to fit it in so good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cover, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cover Donna! And it was a pleasure to meet you in DC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cover, Donna. And how sweet of Kris Hohls to bring you a copy of the mag :o)

    (Mind you - what goes around, comes around. You spread the joy, so you deserve to get some back.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. An absolute beautiful cover! I too love the Christmas season and it almost makes snow look good, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow there are some amazing covers this year but that's my favourite so far. I'd have Christmas all year if they'd let me :)

    ReplyDelete