Monday, June 22, 2009

Lots 'o stuff

Working on: last third of OLT
Listening to: Battlestar Galactica Season 1 Soundtrack
Reading: A Weaver Wedding, SSE

This week is already getting ahead of me, and I have about 12 k to write. Holy crapsticks.

I have to do a critique today, load a blog, and make headway on word count. I have a hair appt this afternoon that I probably shouldn't have made, but it takes 6 weeks to 2 months to get in to see my hairdresser and with Nationals coming up, I bit the bullet.

This week also sees me at My Friend Amy on Wednesday and at Romance Reviews Today on Friday.

The weekend was nuts. Saturday morning, we ran errands and re-stocked the larder...and by the time we got home and had lunch it was 2 p.m. I was bagged and spent the afternoon with the kids. After supper the girls and I watched Josh Groban in CHESS - fantastic. They both really enjoyed it as did I. They like musical theatre a lot and this production was great as well as being at the Royal Albert Hall (gorgeous). It was on PBS's Great Performances so if you get a chance to watch, do it.

I also finished reading The Family He Wanted by Karen Sandler, making it my 40th read of the year.

Yesterday was cleaning day. After giving dh his Father's Day presents and making him breakfast in bed, we started on the house. (Note: The woodpecker doesn't enjoy the rain so for the last 2 days we've been spared the 5:30 a.m. wake up drumming.) The house is clean as well as the office and family room being housecleaned. I also did the foyer and hall and the back hall and parts of the kitchen. All that is left is the small half bath downstairs and some of the kitchen cupboards. Hooray! But I was tired last night. :-)

Also I think dd1 has developed a sinus infection thanks to the pool (and not plugging her nose when she does flips and handstands). She has been so congested since Thursday and her dip. SO a trip to the doc this week hopefully - which will also eat at my writing time. But we need to get her straightened away - and while at the drugstore I'll be picking up nose plugs for her. We can't go through THIS all summer.

And dh has dental surgery tomorrow afternoon and it means I have to be there to get instructions and to drive him home. Did I mention there is no school on Friday? And that I have about 12k to write this week before company arrives for holidays?

Gulp.

Anyway, off I go, to check the first thing off my list....

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:43 PM

    Donna you are a whirlwind and you play me out just reading your blog!!! I could never keep up with you.

    Michele P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 6 weeks to 2 months to get into your hairdresser! It's amazing who you have to wait to see these days isn't it? I'm hate getting my hair done lol can't stand having to look in a mirror for that long I get totally bored I'd probably need the 2 months to psych myself into it :)

    ReplyDelete