Friday, May 29, 2009

Proud moments

Working on: Character workshop for upcoming event
Listening to: Nothing at the mo
Reading: Home Again, Jules Bennett

A quick mention that I've added another book to the read total for this year in the form of Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier which I really liked and wished there was more of. :-)

Today's post is about proud moments. Work-wise, I am very proud of what I do and today Diana Duncan explained it perhaps the best of anyone I've ever heard. She posted on the Silhouette Romantic Suspense blog with a touching story that had me wiping my eyes.


The other proud moment is a mommy moment. Yesterday my eldest had her hair cut. She grew it out and we went to the salon so she could have her ponytail cut off and the hair donated to charity. The charity in this case is Angel Hair for Kids. This program provides wigs and other hair solutions to kids who have lost their hair for medical reasons - not just cancer, but perhaps burns or other illnesses. You can read about the particulars in their press kit.

We measured, we tied, and then our lovely hairdresser Andrea sawed it off...I say sawed because like most of the people in our family, DD1 has very thick hair.

I am not posting an after picture because, well, I don't post pics of my kids, really. But she looks beautiful. The style suits her so well and it is like she turned into a young lady before my eyes. She loves it too, and now her little sister has decided she'd like to donate her hair as well. I'm all for it. It's a good cause and it does mean easier care during the swimming months.

Now I should blast off and try to get some work done. My brother is here until this afternoon and this weekend is puttering about the house on Saturday. Sunday my inlaws are arriving for a night so we will hopefully be planning a relaxing supper and the weather is supposed to be nice so hopefully we can chill out on the deck.

1 comment:

  1. Brave, brave girl! She has gorgeous hair though so I'm sure it looks fabulous long or short :)

    ReplyDelete