Monday, May 25, 2009

Saturday's Event

On Saturday, my local chapter (Romance Writers of Atlantic Canada) held an author panel at a local library. It was a great time! We divided into groups to speak - first up was me with Superromance author Stella MacLean (and my word, is that woman savvy). We continued on with Pam Callow talking about thrillers - she recently sold to Mira in a two-book deal - and then Jennie Marsland and DC Clark on the e-book market, Renee Field and Cathryn Fox on cross genre and paranormal. I have to add that Cathryn gave one of the best definitions of erotica that I have EVER heard. I am hoping she'll post it to our chapter loop because it was fantastic.
We closed with the lovely Julianne MacLean and Deborah Hale, our chapter "anchors". We also had tons of free giveaways as well as a book draw. I think everyone who attended went home with a book!

Here are a few pics of our panel:

From left to right: Deborah Hale, Julianne MacLean, Stella MacLean, Donna Alward

From left to right: Pam Callow, Renee Field, Cathryn Fox, DC Clark and Jennie Marsland

Once upon a time a group of us named a gathering of romance authors as a cleavage...this doesn't quite fit that bill but it was a fantastic group to spend the afternoon with. A huge thanks to our chapter executive for setting it up, the Keshen Goodman Library for hosting and all those who came out despite it being a glorious sunny Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous group of writers, Donna. Do they have room for a new member in the fall? I'm on my way - rental lined up for September 1st in East LaHave, house here sold, all that's left is the packing and moving :)

    Do I need to bring a reference from the Sask Romance Writers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, it was a great afternoon. I always love to spend time with other romance writers. I came away inspired and motivated.

    Janet, I hope to meet you in September. We love new members.

    ReplyDelete