Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday

I'm not sure where the week has gone. Suddenly it is Thursday! Yesterday was a flurry of writing bits and kids off and parent teacher interviews and errands. But today I made myself focus and the good news is I've finished chapter 3 of the current WIP, and sent it off to my cp. Rumour has it I could be into revisions soon, so now I'm going to put together a synopsis so I can have my editor have a peek while I'm revising. I mean we wouldn't want her twiddling her thumbs all day. LOL Heck, I know she's busier than a one-armed paper hanger, but the goal was to have this ready for her and ready it is. Or shall be, once I write the synop and see what my CP has to say.

I also stumbled upon Paul Potts' music. Those of you across the pond might be saying I'm a late bloomer, but bear in mind we don't get Britain's Got Talent over here. Anyway, I liked listening to the bits I heard a lot and ordered his cd's. They are just the kind of thing I like listening to as I'm writing. I haven't looked into it, but I'm guessing Simon Cowell was heavily involved in Potts' record deal. Many of the songs on the cd's are ones Cowell's creation Il Divo have done and if you look at Potts' latest video, there are many similarities to Il Divo's first video for Regresa a mi.

Tomorrow I will be announcing the winner of April's contest, so if you haven't yet entered, get on the ball. Once I get up in the morning, you've lost your chance. :-)

Now I'm thinking there was more to say and my mind has gone blank. Perhaps because I'm mentally going over the running around to do - take dd2 to yoga class (which is brill - dd2 and I get a half hour of non-interrupted reading as we wait), come home and make a quick dinner of spaghetti and salad, have dd2 back for badminton at 6, home, walk dog, read to girls, maybe have an hour to myself before bed...

2 comments:

  1. LOL the vision of your editor twiddling her thumbs cracked me up, honestly it'll be enough to keep me going for the weekend :) Poor editors. Soon we will have to get the RSPCE (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Editors)

    ReplyDelete
  2. busy, busy here also. I've been off work but have to go back on Saturday. Awaiting surgery but have to get the cough cleared up first.

    ReplyDelete