Tuesday, April 14, 2009

More research...


This is the funnest (LOL) part of starting a new story - research and discovery, looking for places and things and figuring out my characters. I now have a name for the book: The Playboy Prince's Bedroom Assigment. I guess from the title you can guess this one is slightly hotter than my Romances. Let's just say I'm getting on board with this so I hope what I turn in for sample chapters WORKS.



So, my hero's name is Christoff Ducati and my heroine is the lovely Evangeline Browning. I've created a fictional principality in Europe, and i'm having great fun googling stuff. In my first pic, he looked a bit uptight. He's really not. He's got an infectious smile that turns women's knees to jelly.



Here's Christoff's family home. It's a small shack in the middle of the country. The country itself is landlocked and has borders of France, Italy and Switzerland. :-)




Christoff also drives a very nice car. I caught a glimpse of an Aston Martin on tv the other night and thought it would be perfect. I watched video of this car today. Let's just say the exhaust note nearly did me in. Christoff will be driving the V8 coupe with the sportshift. Purrrrrrrrr.




Evangeline is quite impressed by all this even if they do get off to an...unusual beginning. However, Christoff will be taking her on a tour of the country so she will get to see some great sights...cathedrals, the alps, and vineyards.
















I can hardly wait.

4 comments:

  1. Evangeline seems to be quite the free spirit in her pics--will the character be this free spirited? Love the car, see what you mean about a knee melting smile from your Hero. The shack seems hopelessly small, ;-)

    I will be looking forward to reading this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting, Donna!

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to dream about Aston Martins until I found they only did 11 miles to the gallon around town..., 25 in the country. Drive it hard and I'll bet that drops...remember to have him pop into the petrol pumps every now and then!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, any plans to actually go research a castle?

    ReplyDelete