Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Lake Louise on my cover!

Working on: Edits of A Bride at Willow Bend
Listening to: Josh Groban - Awake
Reading: New Moon - Stephanie Meyer

More odd jobs ongoing. I have some books and prizes to mail today, and a mystery parcel waiting at the post office for me to pick up. I have a chapter to critique this morning, and I am working on editing A Bride at Willow Bend. It is my option book for Romance, that I wrote last spring and summer. But I only had time to write the first draft, so I am going through again. And enjoying it a lot - remembering why Gina and Dante were such lovely characters to work with.

It is also a gorgeous spring day, and the pheasants are trumpeting around the neighbourhood with thoughts of love on their minds. It really is quite funny to hear all the racket and see all the strutting going on. Last night when I was taking my daughter down to the church, a pair was scuttling into the bushes. It made me laugh. My daffodils are up but not budded, but the neighbours swath of crocuses is stunning. It makes me want to grab my rake and start some gardening - maybe I'll do that after the kids are home this afternoon.
Yesterday the mail man delivered a small box to my door which turned out to be my large print copies of Hired: The Italian's Bride. This is the first time I've seen the North American edition and I laughed out loud when I saw the picture on the back cover. It is of the Chateau Lake Louise, somewhere I've been many times. In an odd way, it makes me proud to be a Canadian writer and to have the ability to showcase my country to the world. Other covers have had lighthouses or rolling ranch land, but you can find that anywhere. Lake Louise is different. It is truly Canadian. :-)

And on the inside my November novella is advertised. It always gives me a bit of a start when these things happen, and then a smile. They've done such a great job of promo-ing it that I'll let you in on what it says:

In November, queen of the rugged rancher Patricia Thayer
and sparkling new talent Donna Alward
team up to bring you an extraspecial Christmas treat -
two stories in one volume for double the romance!

Montana, Mistletoe, Marriage

Join sisters Amelia and Kelley for Christmas at Rocking H Ranch,
where these feisty cowgirls swap presents for proposals,
mistletoe for marriage, and experience the unbeatable rush
of falling in love.

Praise for Patricia Thayer:

"Patricia Thayer offers readers a rich reading experience with emotional power, fresh characters and passion." Romantic Times Book Reviews

Praise for Donna Alward:

"Talented Donna Alward weaves a gorgeous secluded setting, intense suspenseful plot and well developed characters into a most rewarding read." Cataromance.com

And don't forget to look out for Christmas extras at the end of each story!

Isn't that just wowie wow wow?????!

I am really looking forward to seeing the cover of this one too. It'll be my first Christmas cover.

Anyway I'd better get to it, Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Donna. And ooooo I love that cover! No wonder you're delighted.
    jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Way to go, Donna.

    I'd love to see the back cover, too.

    Uh - you have a digital, dontcha?

    Know how to use it? LOL

    Or are there copyright laws or something against it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel1:56 PM

    I'm so excited for you, Donna.

    Lake Louise is a great spot in Banff National Park. I was there as a young teenager taking pictures of the multicoloured poppies along the edge of the lake, looking up at the glacier, and walking spellbound along the terrace of the 'chateau' itself.

    All I can say is 'Wow" and can't wait to see the cover and read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent news, Donna :o)

    Sending you a cyberhug and a high five!

    ReplyDelete