Thursday, March 26, 2009

News

The news this morning is that The Soldier's Homecoming has been nominated for Best Category Romance at Love Romances and More 2008 Golden Rose Awards. Polls are open for voting. It was a lovely surprise to log on and get that news!

Yesterday the RITA finalists were announced and it was the first year I followed the progress of phone calls and announcements. No, my phone didn't ring, but I'm obscenely happy for the finalists that did get the call and especially for the two Romance line authors who are up for the Series Contemporary award. Yay to Jessica Hart, whose 50th book Last Minute Proposal got the nod, and to Barbara Hannay, who made the cut with Adopted: Outback Baby!

And oh yeah - I am over at The Pink Heart Society today talking about how and when I use soundtracks for my books - and my youtube addiction...

I have work to do on my second to last chapter, and then need to start writing the ending as I must finish the first draft tomorrow if I have a hope of getting this in on time. So this is me blasting off!

3 comments:

  1. Hazel2:14 PM

    Congratulations on the nomination!

    You sound better today. Nothing like good news to make a person feel perkier. Hope the cough syrup is no longer needed.

    Now I'm off to see what you have to say at the Pink Heart site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Hazel...a good night's sleep does wonders.

    And as far as the movie thing...it's like taking the money to eat out, and looking forward to it, and then being disappointed in it. It just left me feeling dissatisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the nom, Donna! Hope you're on the mend now.

    ReplyDelete