Tuesday, March 03, 2009

July 17

July 17 I will be in Washington DC but the big news of the day will be that Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince will FINALLY be released in theatres.

The offspring and I have been anxiously awaiting its release. However I am not sure if going to the theatre to see it will be the thing. It will be crowded and noisy. Can you tell I am not a movie theatre person? Nuh uh. I'd much rather watch at home on the big tv with the subwoofer rattling the windows (we watched The Order of the Phoenix last weekend and the scenes in the Department of Mysteries rumbled so badly the dog went into her kennel).

But it is great news as then Part 1 of the Deathly Hallows will be out in November at the same time as the new Twilight Movie.

We avoided the snow, had a bunch of freezing rain that kept kids home from school and people off the roads yesterday, and then it poured for nearly 12 hours. I can actually see small patches of grass in places. My inlaws and mum are not so lucky - they got the freezing stuff AND snow and still look very wintry.

And I had a good writing day yesterday. I need to make word count again today and I have to go whip up a birthday cake - it is the husband's birthday today.

4 comments:

  1. Hppay birthday to your DH. Enjoy the cake :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't wait to see Half blood prince. In the theater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to admit, though, some things just *require* a big screen experience. Like the Lord of the Rings movies. First viewing was absolutely in a theater. :)

    I'm like you, though. I can't wait to have a comfy, wonderful, high-tech home theater in which to watch movies. That'll mean not having to leave the house when it's snowy and -36 with the windchill!!! Blech!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!

    I'm thrilled that the Half Blood Prince will be out in November too. But I agree there's something great about watching in your own home, especially when you've had the blessing of having some strange people in the theaters with you...

    ReplyDelete