Friday, March 20, 2009

In Memoriam: BSG

Working on: Starting Chapter 10
Listening to: Il Divo's first album
Reading: Home Again - Jules Bennett


Hey, it's Friday! How did that happen? I totally forgot it was Friday because the week screamed by at a stupid pace. I even forgot to put out the recycling this morning. Thankfully another two weeks only means more blue bags in the garage, because plastic, cardboard and glass do not smell like garbage does.

Yesterday the girls were arguing about the appropriateness of The Princess Diaries for the youngest. Eldest says she's not old enough (she's nearly 9). Youngest insists she is. I settled the argument by reading it myself last night. A couple of ideas in it made me think it might be a little old for her, but more than that some of the vocabulary is over her head. But I'm not going to stop her if she wants to read it. She may do so and then want to re-read in a couple of years.

Most of all, I really really really liked it. I laughed out loud a LOT. Some of the conversations sound so much like ones I have with my girls when I'm being silly. Like when she says that Titanic is "So 1998". That made me laugh. Sometimes I think I really have suffered some arrested development. :-) Anyway I'm looking forward to reading other books in the series. It is VERY cool by the way that as the girls get older, we start really enjoying the same books.

Also - if you look on the sidebar, I'm on twitter. I finally caved and signed up. Not sure if I'll tweet every day, but there you go.

And I've finished chapter nine and realized that what I had anticipated as being a black moment kind of thing actually isn't. A development, yes. But not a black moment.

This is actually a good thing. Because I will soon blow things up.

However there is a fair amount of ground to cover, so I'm thinking I'll end up with thirteen chapters again. Thirteen is not an unlucky number for me. Even though I find odd numbers somewhat disconcerting I do seem to have 13 chapters in most of my books. Possibly because I rarely come in at the 50,000 word mark and more at the 55,000. Which is the difference of approximately one chapter. LOL. But it will be as long as it needs to be to wrap it up satisfactorily.

I have a house to clean this weekend, and I'm probably going to end up working a bit as well.

And tonight, well, tonight is a sad night. Tonight is the final episode EVER of Battlestar Galactica. I have been devoted to this show since 2003. I have every single season, the mini series AND the RAZOR movie on DVD. And it is perhaps a good thing that I've been so busy the last few months, because I could get seriously caught up in mourning its ending.


It is a two hour series finale. I have NO idea how it is going to play out. I've stayed spoiler free and only pray the ends get tied up in such a way that make sense and leave the watchers satisfied.


1 comment:

  1. (hiding behind the bookshelf) I've never seen BSG. (duck!)

    ReplyDelete