Sunday, March 29, 2009

Book Blog - Number 20

I finished my 20th book last night - Once Upon A Christmas by Holly Jacobs.

This was one of the freebie offers over the holidays that I managed to snag, and I just spent a wonderful Saturday night with a glass of Cabernet/Shiraz, some popcorn and the e-book.

This is the second time this month I've read a book that made me want to whine that I wish I could write LIKE THAT. What a gorgeous, heartwarming story. LOVE Daniel. LOVE Michelle (as I too am a consistent list maker and a bit of a worrier). I loved the friends, and the school...it made me so homesick for our old school in Calgary, as for five years I was a big part of it and it felt like a home away from home.

Plus, it kept making me hungry and I'll probably end up cooking something in my crock pot. Or making tacos. I did buy shells in the groceries....

Holly is one of my favourite Eharlequin peeps and we've been having fun on one of her blog posts lately. I'm thrilled to pass on readers what a great book this is. Truly sighworthy and lots of awwww factor. :-)

And boy, I bet Carly's story's a zinger....

This morning I put in the last load of weekend laundry, folded towels, did dishes, swept the floors, went through my eldest's winter/spring clothes (a shopping trip is in order, and her little sister has hit the mother lode of hand me downs!), and took the dog for a lovely long walk. It is a gorgeous day. We came back and played fetch with the dog, then changed our yard flag from snowmen to something more springy. Had lunch, checked e-mail, and now the task of going through the youngest's wardrobe. I also slept a LOT yesterday (and I might sneak a nap in again soon as well). Clearly my body is fighting this bug and so I'll take the little naps as they come. I just can't forget about the hot cross buns I have rising.

Tomorrow the house will be empty and I will be working feverishly, but hopefully WITHOUT a fever.

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading Carly's story right now (from Holly Jacobs) and it IS great!

    Marcy

    ReplyDelete