Thursday, February 19, 2009

Music

Working on: Revisions to RBTR
Listening to: The Climb - Miley Cyrus
Reading: Claimed By The Rogue Billionaire

I'll admit it - today I'm tired. I stayed up late trying to kick the stuffing out of my to-do list, and I made some good headway but thanks to some html problems didn't finish. So today is finishing the first go round of my revisions so I can polish tomorrow. And finishing Trish's book at last, because I meant to do that last night as well. And maybe actually sitting down and watching an hour of tv rather than my computer screen.

I am listening to "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus right now. I am not generally a fan, and my girls don't enjoy Hannah Montana either, but as Michelle and Kate and Biddy all agree over at the PHS today for Michelle's post on Soundtracks, sometimes it's individual tracks that speak the loudest, and I love this song. The lyrics are very inspirational with a great driving beat. Take for instance the chorus: There's always gonna be another mountain/I'm always gonna want to make it move/Always gonna be an uphill battle, sometimes I'm gonna have to lose/Ain't about how fast I get there/Ain't about what's waiting on the other side/It's The Climb

And I'm going to sound like my mother for a minute but I like how Miley is covered up in the video. And yet she's sexy at the same time...which just goes to show that it's not skin that equates to sexiness. I'm glad to see that as a teenager especially she's sexy without being slutty.

That phs post also inspired me for today's CD choice as I'm working - Josh Groban's CLOSER. I have seen Josh live twice and the husband and I promised that next time we will take the girls. The stereo is also a long way from my piano now, and so as a late Christmas present the husband got me a nice set of bookshelf speakers on sale. They sit on either side of the piano and pipe Josh music into the sitting room, where I can play along to my heart's content.

So on goes the CD and me back to revisions.

2 comments:

  1. I love Josh Groban too! Have only the one CD , but that's okay, more will come. He's very honoured, if only he knew it, as I don't buy CDs very often
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie Bamber on my TV in less than an hour and then WEEKLY I believe...

    Hate me yet???

    ReplyDelete