Thursday, February 26, 2009

Book Blogs and Reel Reviews

I have really neglected blogging books I've read and a couple of movies I've watched. But I have to be brief...the schedule hasn't truly slowed down that much. Before I launch into it though, there is a special guest at the Pink Heart Society today - Silhouette editor Susan Litman! She's talking all about Special Edition and some fantastic opportunities so please pop over and see what she has to say - especially if you're an aspiring author.

Books I've read: Impoverished Miss, Convenient Wife by Michelle Styles. This might be my favourite of Michelle's...except A Christmas Wedding Wager might give it a run for its money. Actually all her releases set in the Northeast are my particular cup of tea. IMCW is out in April in the UK I believe.

Claimed by the Rogue Billionaire - Trish Wylie's latest Presents release, AKA the Gabe book.

And I read my fourth and final book for the RITA's...RITA reading was quite enjoyable this year, but long as I did longer categories.

I have watched a couple of movies too. I watched Poldark - which I learned afterwards is based on several books. Once I knew that I understood why it had ended as it had. It did not however alleviate my annoyance at that ending. Still a good cast and I did enjoy it until I got to the credits and yet again said "Wha???????????"

I also watched the 1977 version of The Four Feathers with Beau Bridges and Jane Seymour (my word, speaking of timeless beauty and all). It was great. I will confess to not having seen the Heath Ledger version but I really enjoyed it. I am now trying to figure out where I've seen the actor who played Jack - A brief trip to IMDB should sort it. I kept trying to picture him older. I wondered if perhaps he played Mr. Bell in North and South but no.

Speaking of North and South - I'm also reading it right now. It is NOT a fast read, but I AM enjoying it a lot and smile lots when I see little bits from the mini. And may I say the casting for Mrs. Thornton is DEAD ON. She is perfect.

Now I have to run!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't live without trips to IMDB.

    ReplyDelete