Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Announcing - THE PERFECT PITCH WINNER!

Working on: Captured By The Cowboy
Listening to: nothing at the moment
Reading: Cordero's Forced Bride

Well, I have read all the pitches, I chose the final five, and those five writers sent me a first chapter. Yesterday, I read all five chapters and critiqued them and had the job of agonizing over picking just ONE to be the winner of the contest.



Before I give you the name, I have to say that reading yesterday was a great pleasure. I think all five voices are publishable and they all have the ability to make it. I had only intended to read one chapter each day this week, but after reading one wanted to read another and before I knew it I'd done all five!



There was a lot of strong writing; many things done right. But in the end, it came down to one story, one that I couldn't get out of my head and that I enjoyed so immensely!
So.....(drum roll please).....



Congratulations to Sri Pammi with her first chapter of The Greek Tycoon's Substitute Wife!



Sri's got solid conflict and characters that leap off the page. Her hero is a fantastic alpha male that is ruthless and sexy all at once, and her heroine is independent and spunky despite being faced with a terrible task at the beginning. I love how they went toe to toe and the sexual tension shimmered.



Sri will be sending me the rest of her partial for critique, and then I'm here when she needs me over the next year as hopefully she gets this manuscript into the editors in Richmond. I'm pleased for her and very excited to be working with her!



Congratulations Sri!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sri and good luck when you come to sub to M&B :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sri! I am in Sri's critique group and Donna has a treat on her hands working with Sri as her work is excellent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna,

    Thank you so much for everything. I still can't believe I won and I'm so excited to have the help of such a generous lady. I just hope I can hold your interest with the next two chapters.

    Thanks,
    Lorraine. Can't wait to start submitting now. :-)

    Hey Jo,

    Thank you so much for the kind words.

    Sri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Sri!

    Good luck in whipping that wip into submission. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Sri. Enjoy your year and all that lovely mentoring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Sri! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:49 PM

    Congratulations Sri! Enjoy having Donna to help you, and I can't wait to read your story when it's published by M&B!!
    -Soraya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Anita Mae, Jan, Hope and Soraya.

    Looking forward to working with Donna.

    Sri.

    ReplyDelete
  9. elove9:37 PM

    Congrats Sri!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, Sri! Your pitch was great and I bet the partial is just as good. Good luck with working with Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Sri! Good luck on your submission!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks elove, Jackie, And Chelle.

    Sri.

    ReplyDelete