Monday, January 26, 2009

What's happening....

Working on: bits and bobs, and starting the editing of Rescued By The Rancher
Listening to: about to make a soundtrack for Captured By The Cowboy
Reading: A Wrinkle In Time, and also RITA stuff

Well, here I am, a bit worse for wear but not bad. Mostly because I have a scratchy throat that kept me up a good portion of the night. What makes it more annoying is that other than the scratchiness, I don't feel badly at all. Grrrrr. Stupid colds.

I took the weekend off, and it was great. Got caught up on some odd jobs, kids had fun with friends, we had company over yesterday afternoon that stayed for supper. I watched Made of Honor - which in a very brief Reel Review I will tell you was just Meh and didn't really do it for me. I think it tried to be several things but didn't exactly achieve them. I also started watching John Adams which is proving to be LOVELY and I am enjoying a lot.

So today is another day, and while I wait to get my final chapters back, this morning I am catching up on a few bits and bobs. Putting the finishing touches on an article so I can send it soon, loading up a few blogs for the PHS and Harlequin Romance authors, and sending out a newsletter update.

This is the last week to enter my contests - first being for my newsletter subscribers, so if you haven't and would like to, the sign up box is on the sidebar. Then I'll send you the latest update with the contest info in it so you will know how to enter (and what the lucky winner will receive!).

The other contest is for aspiring authors - send me your short pitch (a couple of paragraphs) about your latest romance and I'll pick five to get a first chapter critique. One of those chapters will win the author a partial critique and me as a mentor throughout the rest of 2009.

The address to send it to is donna@donnaalward.com and put Pitch in your subject line!

Now...it's minus a zillion here (well, it was -22 at the bus stop this morning) so I'm going to make some tea and keep warm. But before I go....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna,

    Sorry to be a pain but is there any way of finding out if you've received our pitches?

    I've had emails from and to M&B go missing in cyberspace lately and it's made me really paranoid.

    If it's too awkward don't worry, I'll just have to learn to stress less!

    Thanks,

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete