Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Taking a breath...

I'm taking a breath to do a proper blog because 2009 is underway and there is lots going on.
We have to say Happy Birthday to Harlequin as it celebrates 60 years of fantastic romantic fiction! I'm particularly proud to be a part of the company as it is Canadian and, well, so am I. In fact, my contest this month for newsletter subscribers has a prize related to the birthday celebrations. You can sign up in the box on the sidebar and I'll forward you the latest newsletter so you can enter.


There are exciting things going on all year for the birthday. One is a special website that will be going live at the end of the month, and when that happens I'll be posting the link. There will be sixteen books available for download for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!! Very exciting - I can't wait. A great chance to increase your digital tbr without making your credit card groan!

Each month on eharlequin, a different line will be featured. This month it's Desire...next month it's Romance. The Romance books are all themed together as "Diamond Brides" and let me tell you readers are in for a treat!

Also, something is happening with me over at e-harlequin starting this month. We're kicking off the Larch Valley books with a special thread. We're just getting started - I'm going to be updating later this morning with a new post. Come on over and join in the fun!

In other news, the RNA has listed the finalist for this year's Romance Prize. The award will be presented at the RNA’s Awards Lunch on 10th February 2009 at the Royal Garden Hotel, Kensington. The winner will be selected from the following books:

What's Love Got to Do With It? - Lucy Broadbent (Little Black Dress, Headline)

The Wild Card - Beth Elliott (Robert Hale)
Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire's Pleasure - India Grey (Harlequin Mills & Boon)
Sold to the Highest Bidder - Kate Hardy (Harlequin Mills & Boon)
Saying Yes to the Millionaire - Fiona Harper (Harlequin Mills & Boon)

Promoted to Wife and Mother - Jessica Hart (Harlequin Mills & Boon)
Congratulations to the finalists - and yay for my friends who have made the list! Kate Hardy won last year, Fiona has been nominated before, and Jessica is a past winner. India is our virgin finalist. Way to go sweetie!

I have scads of guest blogs going on this month - the schedule is on my homepage at www.donnaalward.com. Some of the appearances have giveaways attached and regardless I'd love to hear from you anyway. I do hope you'll join me around cyberspace as I celebrate my first release during this special year.
Now I'm off to do the school run and then get to work - it's the first day that it's just me and the dog since the 19th of December and I'm hoping to make some real headway on the WIP.





No comments:

Post a Comment