Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ringing in the New Year

Things are definitely looking up for 2009.

First of all, I came back from my few days away to visit family to the latest eharlequin newsletter - imagine my thrill seeing The Rancher's Runaway Princess as a featured book! Whee! Then today...I went on to shop and saw that it's actually number 9 on the current bestsellers!

This is the first time ever I think one of my books has been on the bestseller sidebar so I'm very squee-ish about it. It's a great way to wind up 2008!

I have been thinking a lot about New Year's Resolutions. I personally don't like the term resolutions. On Dec 31 2005, I said that 2006 would be the year that I sold a novel, and it was. It wasn't a fluke, it was because I was determined to do it....and so this year I'm also making determinations.

Now this might sound odd but I'm keeping those determinations quite close to my chest. Not because I don't think I'll do it. I know I will. But let's just say that I'm determined that 2009 is all about taking things to the next level. I'm going to step outside the box a bit and take some risks. It's going to be bigger, better, and fabulous if I have anything to say about it!

It's all kicking off in January, as I do have The Rancher's Runaway Princess out and I'll be "appearing" around cyberspace to promote it. I'll be guesting with Heidi Betts and Petticoats and Pistols, as well as my regular posts at Tote Bags N Blogs and the Pink Heart Society. One of those places also happens to be at e-harlequin, and you'll soon see what's in store thanks to Jayne and the great team at eharl's community.

In the meantime, we're having turkey soup for supper and then heading to a neighbours to ring in the New Year. I hope each and every one of you have a fabulous kick off to 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Trenda4:48 p.m.

    Donna,

    I love the idea of using the term "determinations" instead of "resolutions." I also think it is smart to keep those determinations close to one's chest, as it keeps those dreams sacred.

    Off to write my own list of determinations!

    Trenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Donna, you are a very wise woman. So glad things worked out the way they did for you and I'm looking forward to many more books from you in the coming years.

    ...uh...that meant on the book shelves and not just in prize packages, eh?

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your book being no. 9 - that's wonderful news!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR, Donna!

    ReplyDelete