Tuesday, December 02, 2008

On the Second Day of Christmas - Pamela Yaye

Here we are at Day 2, with another friend of mine and a member of the Calgary RWA chapter. Pamela Yaye writes for Harlequin's KIMANI line, and I'm thrilled to have a book of hers in the contest.

Here's Pam with a bit about herself:

I was born and raised in Winnipeg, Canada and my love for reading developed at an early age. My parents, Daniel and Gwendolyn Odidison are both avid readers and encouraged me to read as much as possible. Trips to the public library were the highlight of my week (they still are) and by the time I was in junior high I was reading everything from biographies to romantic suspense to travel magazines.

I got my big “break” when I was only fourteen-years-old. I read one of my poems at my local church and received a standing ovation. Reading my poetry and seeing my plays come to life on stage proved to me that I had a God-given talent for the written word.After graduating with a Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Education, I hugged my family goodbye and boarded a plane for Seoul, South Korea. I loved every minute of living in Seoul. The people, the food, the culture, the SHOPPING! Three years later, I returned home with a fresh outlook on life and a handsome fiancĂ© (yeah me!) Jean-Claude and I married, relocated to picturesque Calgary, Alberta and now have an adorable, (she’s mischievous too) daughter, Aysiah, who keeps us very busy!

I penned my first novella while teaching in South Korea and upon the advice of a good friend and colleague I expanded, Other People’s Business, into a full-length novel. I wrote The Trouble With Luv’ soon after. Two years and thirty rejection letters later, I signed with super-agent Sha-Shana Crichton from Crichton and Associates. Six weeks later I had a two-book deal contract with Harlequin’s African-American Romance line, Kimani Books.

Pam's contribution to the prize box is:


HER KIND OF MAN
You can learn more about Pamela and her books at www.pamelayaye.com.
Today's clue is Angel

7 comments:

  1. Kudos to Ms. Yaye for not giving up on her dream, despite the many rejections. She proves that persistence does pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading and learning a little about the authors who books I read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You clever girl. What a great idea, featuring authors for the 12 days of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Cher, I did a box of random goodies last year, and I already had books from the signing in Calgary for inclusion. And then I got the idea and put out the call. I got the rest of my authors so quickly my head was spinning. It's been a blast!

    And lots of great authors and prizes to be revealed over the next 10 days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna this is so cool! I recently read about a young couple who decided to forgo exchanging gifts this season. Strapped for cash and overwhelmed with their stressful careers, they decided to plan 12 "DATES" for christmas! One day they went ice skating, another night they baked cookies and they even had a candlelit pizza night. Isn't that so romantic?

    When you lucky readers have finished entering Donna's contest, swing by my site and enter to win a Super-sexy romantic holiday package! www.pamelayaye.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Donna, thanks for introducing us to Pamela. I went to Jr and Sr High in Winnipeg, too. That's neat, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela - I went to your website b/c I was interested to find out more about you and the writer's section caught my eye.

    However, the letters are garbled somehow - not all, just some of them.

    ReplyDelete