Friday, December 19, 2008

Annoyed

Ok now I'm getting annoyed.

I didn't even take that much on for Christmas this year. Really, my commitments are way down. But there have been deadlines and shopping and wrapping and the time has sped at warp speed and somehow I ended up with the Canadian version of what Michelle calls "The Cold".

Members of my family now look at me with furrowed brows and annoyed eyes when I cough, which is, unfortunately, about every 20 seconds or so. My sore throat doesn't get any better because I continually hack. I took robitussin last night which helped everything but the sore throat, but this morning I have to run out for a bit and so can't take any more until I'm home.

And we've get to get our Christmas groceries. And I forgot about the garbage pickup today and the truck has already gone.

Sigh.

Is it bedtime yet?

7 comments:

  1. I so hope you get to feeling better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're still under the weather. :-(

    This is an old remedy but it works for me every time I have a bad cough: Vicks Vapor Rub. I slather it on and within a few days, everything clears up.

    They also sell the Vicks patches, which work pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna - not to detract from what Annette said, but...

    Most pharmacies in Canada see Nim Jiom - it has ginger, licorice, honey, etc. Everything for the bronchial passage and lungs. It cured us of Whooping Cough 10 yrs ago when antibiotics couldn't.

    Maggie on the MedRom thread was worse than you...I told her and within days she was cured. If you don't believe me go read our posts on eharl med rom thread from a couple weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna what ever you end up taking/doing to try to get rid of whatever it is you have I sure hope it works and you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (((Donna))) Feel better soon, hun. And have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys...the robitussin seems to be working, keeping the dry cough to a dull roar and loosening up what needs to, well, loosen.

    But I did promise my dh if it didn't improve by Monday I'd see the dr. At least as long as I keep taking the big "R", I'm better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard or read somewhere the other day that rubbing the Vicks Vapour Rub on your feet is really helpful too. And when my kids were little I used to rub garlic on their feet if they had colds - one of those old grandmother type remedies, but it seemed to help. Hope it's well gone by Christmas day.

    ReplyDelete