Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday

Today I have an interruption free day to write. I've already done about 1500 words on chapter three, and am going to have a break to make some lunch and throw a load of laundry in the washer. I am totally allowing myself to write crap...and giving myself permission to then simply fix it. I am determined not to stress any more on this book. That's not to say I won't reach a point where I will, but for now, increasing my word count and trusting my characters means progress, and that's the name of the game. Tweaking and layering is where it's at!

Yesterday I meant to work (and I did squeeze in about an hour and a half last night after the kids went to bed), but Remembrance Day ceremonies took up most of the morning, and in the afternoon we went to the park with the kids, dogs, and neighbours. It was great, we let the dogs off-leash and they ran and ran and ran. Then they had a swim....brrr, but the dogs loved it. Let me tell you, our pampered pooch was SO tired last night. After the park we had leftover birthday cake at the neighbours.

It was a fun day, and the fresh air was a definite bonus, so I don't feel too badly about it. All I gave up was tv time last night which is no big deal.

Right - lunch and laundry. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Shutting off the internal editor is hard, but sometimes it's necessary in order to move forward.

    ReplyDelete