Sunday, November 09, 2008

Catching up

I didn't do a lick of work on Friday. The bug that sidelined both my kids caught up with me and by Friday afternoon I was flaked out on the couch. I slept so much between Friday afternoon and Saturday night that I shouldn't ever be tired again. Then my niece was here this afternoon, so tonight has been the first chance I've had to catch up. ACK!

One of the things I'm going to catch up on is a couple of books I read for the Book Blog. It took me longer than it should have for Kate's, being that I would get about four pages in and keep falling asleep - totally the fault of nefarious virus and not the book, as you'll soon see.

Anyway, without further ado:

Bedded By The Greek Billionaire - Kate Walker

There is a reason why this book is getting Kate such lovely reviews. It might be my favourite of hers so far. I found the pacing so tight, and really the word that comes to mind for the whole thing is "sweeping". Sweeping drama, sweeping love story....it just pulls you along to the end in a grand fashion.

I remember her fretting while writing The Black Angel (the hero) but I loved him...and loved him lots. He is what I think Presents heroes should be...that tough alpha exterior with a backstory that makes him sympathetic and enough tenderness to make him meltworthy.

And the other really great read last week? The Magnate's Indecent Proposal by Ally Blake.

The four best words to describe this book?

Slick, sassy, sexy, and sensational.

WOW, and I mean wow. Not very often does a book grab hold of me and beg me to finish it, but this one did. So much that I nearly remembered everything I needed to but forgot the clothes for the fashion show my youngest was supposed to participate in at Brownies. I felt like the world's worst mother. I seriously finished a chapter and herded them out the door to parent-teacher interviews and onwards.

Damien is HOT, and Chelsea is lovely and you want them to be together from start to finish. Beautifully emotional, slightly naughty, and very, very satisfying.

Thanks Ally for the great read!

I hope to be back tomorrow or Tuesday with more posts, but I'm a wee bit behind so it will totally depend on the productivity level. Tomorrow is a Remembrance Day assembly and then birthday celebrations for a friend, and Tuesday is a holiday for Remembrance Day, and I'll be over at www.cataromance.com blogging about how my beliefs translate into my books.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment