Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Peace and quiet

You know when we lived in the city, I used to live for days when we'd jump in the car and drive to the mountains or a park and spend some time around trees and water and the wind and what have you. I somehow just NEEDED to get away from traffic and noise and that closed in feeling. As I was walking the dog this morning, coming down our street, I realized I now have this every day, and how lucky I am. The air is chilly, the sky blue, the leaves really starting to turn, and I could hear the wind rustling through them instead of sirens and horns.

We went to a nearby provincial park the other day which is now closed to traffic, but people park outside and walk the trails. Here's a picture...and an example of what I get to see pretty much every single day.


It's not much wonder that while I'm busier than ever, I'm also happier. :-)

Now back to work for me.

2 comments:

  1. Donna, what a truly GORGEOUS picture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It SO is - wow, I could live with that...

    ReplyDelete