Thursday, September 18, 2008

Well that was a short trip...

into the cave. I found myself leaping out of it to get the mail today, and am I ever glad I did. My hardbacks of The Rancher's Runaway Princess arrived!!!!!!!!!! I will confess to loving the cover, even if the heroine's hair is completely wrong - in the book she's a red head. But I LOVE the hero's look. I want to take off his hat and see if his hair really is that little bit shaggy. And I love the lights around the barn...the feel of it is very good for the book.


It was a toss up what I wanted more - the western cover or the royals. I think the fairy-tale would have been great, but I do know there have been a lot of royal covers lately. Either way, I'm happy.


I'm probably going to read it to confirm to myself that not EVERYTHING I write is drivel.


I also discovered a missing element in the revising-but-almost-rewriting novella today. Music. This might sound daft but sometimes music does help me get in touch with my emotional side. Truly. And I think in August I just wasn't ready for Christmas Carols. However the leaves are turning here, school is in and it was cold...cold enough I might actually turn on the fireplace tonight. So I put Josh Groban's NOEL on and added Ryandan's album to my playlist for good measure. I do hope it worked. And I hope that what is swirling around in my head actually manages to be translated into the book. I think that's the biggest challenge right now.


But for now it's dinner and homework. And maybe a quick read?

2 comments:

  1. Love the cover! Hope the revisions go well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those fairy lights round the barn, too. And his hair. Kind of reminds me of a Paul Newman film (I could be completely wrong, here). And the dark-haired cute one in the original Dukes of Hazzard.

    Yup, you've got a goodie there.

    ReplyDelete