Thursday, September 25, 2008

42 - A Question of Impropriety



I'm still in the throes of revisions but my one indulgence the last few days - besides gazing at my new cover - has been reading A Question of Impropriety by Michelle Styles.



I didn't critique this book, so I had the rare pleasure of reading it as a reader would, and not as one who'd already seen a first draft.



This was, perhaps, the most romantic of any of Michelle's books I've read. Diana is lovely, and Brett has the sexiness of a rake with the heartwarming loveliness of a gentleman...imagine if you took Willoughby's passion and Colonel Brandon's ethics and crafted a hero. YUM. The cover is brilliant as well, as a key scene is a waltz and Diana wears a rose-coloured gown.

It was also refreshing to have a Lady who embraced her sexuality despite a previous bad experience.

This book is followed by Impoverished Miss, Convenient Wife due out early 09 and features the story of Simon Clare, Diana's overbearing, somewhat blind-to-the-world-around-him brother. I wanted to throttle him. But it's a gorgeous set up for that book, and I know you'll also get to catch up with Diana and Brett. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment